Our team is constantly looking for ways to improve scan to bim quality. Navisworks is one of the tools we use for QC because the point clouds are easy to view with models. Recently we developed a Python script than generates section boxes every 1m on XYZ axis automatically.
BIM emerges in Latvian public sector - pilot project highlights
- Size & value - 13453m2, ~9.1mil. EUR
- Client - design lead
- Year - 2018.
- Stage - technical design
- Objectives - reduce design errors and improve design quality by using BIM's and BIM coordination
- ITED's tasks - develop BEP, do 3 level BIM coordination, lead BIM coordination meetings
- Software used - Navisworks Manage, Tekla BIMSight, Zoho, Skype
- Size - area of the buildings - 3000m2, territory - 20800m2
- Client - owner
- Year - 2017.
- Stage - operational maintenance
- Objectives - develop asset inventory using BIM for team training and future development
- ITED's tasks - develop inventory BIM from laser surveys
- Software used - Revit, Recap
The use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a common practice and a requirement in some countries around the world due to the number of benefits and cost savings available. Benefits include better coordination, faster and more accurate scheduling, smarter change control, optimised project planning, leaner construction and structured facility management; with the ability to make better informed decisions based on reliable information. There have been many studies on the impact of BIM on project cost with claims of major contractors such as "Merko" Ltd. saving at least 10% of the total project budget compared to a non-BIM project. Similar conclusions have been made in the Latvia State Real Estate which we have the opportunity to manage. However, successful BIM implementation requires careful preparation, following these 3 steps will help to get the most out of BIM.
Parametric as built information modelling for jet fuel pipelines
14. Jan. 2020
The BIM roadmap of Latvia
13. Jan. 2020
Navisworks as a tool to check S2B Quality
9. Jan. 2020
Is outsourcing BIM going to solve your problems?
18. Sep. 2019
Case Study - BIM pilot project of Latvia
22. Aug. 2019
Case Study TCL - sports center (BEP, BIM level 3 & coordination)
28. Jun. 2019
Case Study REM - Timber manufacturing complex (Scan to BIM)
4. Jun. 2019